Prev: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: RE: Question (was: Re: Command Reactivation)

RE: [SG] Leader placement

From: "F.P. Groeneveld" <derk@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:46:48 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: RE: [SG] Leader placement

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:

> Sorry, I was being confusing.
>
> If a platoon has 2 units (a command squad and a 2nd squad), it seemed
cheesy
> to me to alow the Platoon Leader (PL) to use his action to reactivate
both
> the 2nd squad and his own squad giving it (and through it, himself)
another
> set of actions (move, fire, communicate, command?).

If you're using the PL CDR as a seperate individual, he could get to
reactivate either squad, but...

> Now, if you use common sense and disallow reactivation of a squad to
which
> you are a part, then the PL only has 1 squad on which to spend command
> activation.

... since he's a seperate individual he would not profit from said
reactivation?

At least, that's how I would read it.

> If you state that a figure may not reactivate himself, but may
reactivate
> his squad, then his squad is limited in thier actions because they
cannot
> move out of unit integrety.
>
> Which is the proper way to read this?

I thought individuals did not have to adhere to unit integrity? Isn't
that
the whole point of individuals?

Cheers,

   Derk

- --
  Derk Groeneveld

  http://derk.op.het.net/

  PGP-public key: finger derk@cistron.nl

Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6xI5NJXH58oo6ncURAj64AJ9/NPsiFZJNm3L21KqlYb+PFXP+zgCfbbEf
eqh5LBAO0UDVLgHFRbYXwD4=
=H9jo

Prev: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: RE: Question (was: Re: Command Reactivation)