Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: RE: [SG] Leader placement

Re: [FT] Rules Questions

From: "Morgan Vening" <morgan@o...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:50:50 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Rules Questions

From:			kaime@mindspring.com
To:			<gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Subject:		Re: [FT] Rules Questions
Date sent:		Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:07:32 -0500
Send reply to:		gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

> >2. Under FTFB1-2, there is no minimum size for a carrier, as long as
> >you have enough mass.  Theoretically you could build a carrier of 9
mass (1
> >hull, MD 3, FTL, 1 fighter bay), but most of the fighters will
surrender as
> >soon as the carriers go pop.  MT has been superseded by FTFB1-2.
> >
> What about page 16 of the Full Thrust rulebook, top left cornor where
it
> state only specific ships can have fighters also giving hanger
capacity
> limits?  I find no place stating this rule is no longer somehow in
effect.

> The situation  that started this thread was our opponents tonight
fielded
> five ships, each TMF 80, that combined launched about 22 fighter
groups.
> Yes these 80 TMF ships sometimes had 5 hangers each.
>
> David (started this thread) and I encountered thes ships tonight at
out
> weekly games here in Atlanta.  Maybe it's legal, but somehow it also
seems
> odd.
>
> Could Jon clear this up?  Is there an official ruling out there
somewhere?

Page 11, FB1 does have very subjective evidence that the limitation
imposed in the initial FT book is no more.

Specifically, it talks about customisation of a Cruiser class
("Options for the Example"), and talks about adding Fighter Bays.

Not the most compelling evidence, but no limitations are otherwise
put on it elsewhere in this book.

Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: RE: [SG] Leader placement