Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

Re: Question (was: Re: Command Reactivation)

From: kwasTAKETHISOUT@o... (Kr'rt)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 02:15:43 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Question (was: Re: Command Reactivation)

90% of the time I am right there on the table with my troops.

However, there are times when I go DOWN a level and latch onto a
favorite single character or unit that isn't necessarily a command
level unit.  Case in point would be last year's Grey Day ECC Scenario.
I really enjoyed playing the KraVak Sniper.  (Of course, there was no
dereliction of duty there...)  heh...

-=Kr'rt

Quoted and/or trimmed  Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>...

>A quick question to all out there; not terribly relevant to anthing in
>particular, but maybe an interesting topic for discussion...
>When you are playing a ground combat game (any game, not just SG or
DS),
>what "role" do you see YOU, as the player, actually playing - it it the
>highest level commander ON-TABLE (eg: the Company Commander if you've
got a
>company deployed on the table), or the next higher command level
overseeing
>the battle from off-table (the Battalion Commander in the foregoing
>example)?
>Personally, I've always felt that in SG or FMA it's probably the
former,
>and in DS the latter - but YMMV, so what do you think?
>
>Jon (GZG)

"I was there at the dawn of the third age of mankind."
The Grid Epsilon Irregulars - Grid Epsilon 470/18/22

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku