Prev: Re: SG2 command activations Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

RE: (FT)Escorts

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:18:20 -0500
Subject: RE: (FT)Escorts

From: Peter C petrov_101@hotmail.com
>Has anyone considered limiting the types of weapons that may be
targeted on
low mass, high thrust starships?  I was wondering if the really small
ships
should receive some of the benefits that fighters do.

>(Inspired by the Millenium Falcon in action scenes in Star Wars)

If you take the oft-repeated view that "size doesn't matter, it's what
you do with it that counts", then ...stop snickering, Beth... you may
want to consider a house rule to the effect that a ship which isn't
using its full main drive capacity can increase its effective range by
6" (or 12", whatever you feel like) per unused thrust point, to
simulating jinking and dodging. Maximum effect = 1/2 main drive rating.

If you do this, your MD6 escorts can keep formation with your lumbering
MD2 BB's, but, from the point of view of the enemy gunners, is 18" (3 MD
capacity x 6") farther away and therefore less attractive targets.

Prev: Re: SG2 command activations Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls