Prev: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: Command Reactivation (some history)

[FT]: Fire Order WAS Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:12:20 -0500
Subject: [FT]: Fire Order WAS Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

> I really like the cards idea, I don't like the smaller ships always
fire
> first idea simply because there seems no reason for it, except that
their
> smaller.  Now, maybe if each ship had an initiative rating that was
based on
> a combination of randomness and mass or thrust or something.	For
example,
> roll initiative as usual, then add THRUST rating.  Ships fire in order
of
> HIGHEST total rating to least.  The justification here is that the
higher
> THRUST ships are more maneuverable, and thus would usually be in the
best
> position to react thus fire earlier.

what does thrust/velocity have to do with the reaction time of the
gunnery
crews and targeting software???

> Of course the argument could go other ways to, I mean on bigger ships,
being
> more stable in a fight, the crew is calmer (possibly) thus more
focused on
> the fight, then say the crew of the corvette that's fighting to hold
the
> ship together and line up a shot at the same time.....

there you go, crew quality IMO is the major determining factor of who
can
get off the first shots.

whatever you decide, I would recommend a simple system for fire order so
it's easy to remember and doesn't slow down the game.

Prev: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: Command Reactivation (some history)