Prev: RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions Next: Re: [FT] Activations & MASS

RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:47:02 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:

> As I stated before, I would prefer it to stop at d12:d4.
>
> I also like Tom Barclay/Los' ganging up rules used in "A Grey Day to
Die":

> >From http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/Gaming/AGreyDayToDieForumPage.htm
> Close Assault - Numbers Do Count!
> Rationale: In SG2 close combat resolution, it is rather revolting to
see a
> Veteran defender engage 9 Green troops, roll a 7 (mediocre or
moderately
> good roll) and just tell them not to bother to roll any dice because
they're
> all dead. A modifier should fix this.
> Ratio 	     Effect
>  1:1		     As Normal
>  2:1		     Outnumbered figure shifts down 1
>  3:1 (or greater)  Outnumbered figure shifts down 2

Which fixes that problem. I agree, I like these rules. We used them last
weekend as well.

Still, I see no need to give any _individual_ figure MORE than 88%
chance
of not losing. So using the above rules, all the advantage a super duper
armed to the teeth close combat terror guy will get is that even 3:1 he
might still be fighting with a d12 vs d6 or somesuch. Sounds quite
horrible to me. The poor sap. ;)

Cheers,

  Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6wy7MJXH58oo6ncURAg7CAJsGJhY0TchjU1+c8gzmh36NqeGCaACfTbJu
yUcCGe4uEmzmzg6Nu2cTQ+w=
=sv/1

Prev: RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions Next: Re: [FT] Activations & MASS