Prev: Re: [SG] WotW Next: RE: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation

Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:42:57 +1000
Subject: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

G'day,

 >Ah now if there isn't a big guy at
 >each end, say slipping a glob fleet
 >to the side so that it's closer to one
 >end of the line then the other.

Then you break the line and go one behind the other (or try to). Vector
can
be hard to do fancy stuff in, but it is possible (though I fly fast
ships
mind you).

 >Ah open table games. Never find
 >that it just turns into the straight run
 >at each other?

Sometimes yes, but not often enough that's bored us to tears yet.... for

those kind of games to become the norm both sides have to take part in
it.....a bit difficult when I have a complete inability to do anything
sensibly and spend much more time seeing what happens when I..... ;)

 >Ah so. What the strategy I've seen for
 >this is just ignore one of the groups. Pick
 >the one that you want to cripple the most and just go for
 >it. You'll end up taking fire from all the
 >ships anyways, so you mights
 >as well concentrate your fire.

Yep that can happen, but even then you can get a few
surprises.....submunition packs in the aft arc can be annoying to even
moderately large ships ;)

Guess it just comes down to different playing styles. I like dancing
around
and my opponents don't always know what to expect so our games don't
play
out the same way very often ;)

 >Unfortunately we havn't started mission based games yet....

Its fun ;)

I also guess we tend to avoid the potential problems you remedy with
terrain, by playing missions or campaigns every now and again.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [SG] WotW Next: RE: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation