Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Re: [SG] WotW

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:24:31 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [SG] WotW

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> Brian Burger wrote:
> > Maybe - I'm still in favour of getting rid of the template entirely
- it
> > makes these weapons more powerful than anything except artillery,
and if
> > you want artillery you can add that to vehicles already, with the
various
> > limitations involved in real artillery.
>
> What I'm trying to make is a compromise between direct fire gun and
> artilery. Something that doesn't  have quite the impact of artilery
but
> is different then just the run of the mill DFGs.
>
> The orginator of this movement was to model some of the Heavy Gear
> weapons into SGII. I've been a fan of template weapons for a long
time,
> since I started in Epic 40k years ago. Don't forget you get an armour
> shift from cover so you're already at a base of D8 against a D10, plus
> min deviation of 1". I'd say give it a shot next game if it comes into
> play.

I have to admit I'd like to see more area effect weapons, such as
grenades. Some of the folks at my gaming club tend to field regular
firing squads, standing shoulder-to-shoulder. Best way to train that out
of them is area effect weaponry.

Cheers,

  Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6wuM1JXH58oo6ncURArTkAKDpWBDOO7CYRNXFj56VB0+F+VCQjwCfVQR2
/kOB78Jg155f42KKGALXJi0=
=xZcq

Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls