Prev: re: Escort class vessels in line of battle Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Command Reactivation (some history)

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:05:31 -0500
Subject: Command Reactivation (some history)

Someone asked about Grey Day.

During Grey Day, the forces on one side were 2 KV clans under a joint
leadership and two human forces under a joint leadership.

The command structure of the humans (the one I recall off the cuff) (it
is
missing a few units...)

NSL Colonel

FSE Major (Hi Kr'rt.... this is the chick you sniped in the last turn
from
RB1 in hiding...)

|	     |	      | 		   |
Vehicles    FSE Cpt  NSL Cpt		 NSL Lt
	     |	       |		   |
	    4 FSE Sqds	 4 NSL Sqds			 4 NSL Sqds

The Platoon Cmdrs could reactivate (with each action of their
activation) up
to 2 subordinate units once each. Similarly, the higher level command
structure could reactivate up to 2 platoons. The XO I can't recall if I
let
reactivate the platoons, but the NSL commander could (and did)
reactivate
the platoon cmdrs (more effective than reactivating individual platoon
units, due to die roll penalties and due to the fact 1 reactivated
platoon
leader buys you 2 reactivations in the platoon). I think if I was doing
it
again, I'd probably let the XO+CO activate a total of 3 subordinate
element
between them.

I also use platoon sergeants, but lets not overload you all at once.

I think the impact of command is a _key_ element in SG2. I like to limit
the
reactivations the way Jon T just suggested because it mostly prevents
insanity with units activating 4 and 6 times.... I also like to attach
vehicles at a higher command level, because they can be quite nasty and

Prev: re: Escort class vessels in line of battle Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls