Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: Fighter mass

Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:17:59 +0200
Subject: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Jeremy Seeley wrote:

>Going back to my original suggestion, I think that the hull should
cost the
>mass cubed, but provide an amount of space equal to hull cubed as
well.

Huh?

You seem to be confusing Mass with Length. Volume is roughly
proportional to the *Length* cubed, but (assuming a reasonably constant
density of equipment) it is *directly* proportional to Mass. What
you're saying above is essentially that the ship's Mass is the cube of
the ship's Mass...

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: Fighter mass