Prev: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere? Next: Re: Fleet Escorts (very light carriers)

Re: Fleet Escorts

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:46:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Escorts

--- stranger <stranger@cvn.net> wrote:
> > The obvious first choice of having lots of PDS and
> > ADEF is a little unsatisfactory because it's not
> > possible to fire on the fighters until they
> attack.
>
> Yes, but you do fire on the fighters BEFORE they
> attack, this includes
> Area-Defense Firecon systems as well.

Well before, like when they fly over my other
ships. The rules as they lie are like the carrier
defense ships in a modern CVN group waiting till
the migs are diving on the carrier before opening
fire. You'd think that anytime a fighter squadron
ends up within 6" on an ADFC ship, it could fire.
I guess there must be a reason why not.

> Fighters do not fire until all defensive fire is
> complete.  So, keep your
> ADFC equipped ships always within 6mu of the ships
> they're protecting, and
> they'll get to shoot at the fighters and missiles
> before they get to attack.

I do that now.

Prev: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere? Next: Re: Fleet Escorts (very light carriers)