Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:42:33 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, stranger wrote:

> > aren't soo bad.  The problem is when you build your
> > own.  They can quickly become unbeatable.  Example: If
> > each side takes 1000pts, my buddy usually takes
> > Sa'Vasku....makes one big ship......and game over!!!
>
> One nice house rule I've seen on the web is to limit the value of any
one
> ship to no more than half the total points.  So, in a 1000 point game,
the
> biggest ship is 500 points.  Its artificial, but works.  I've seen
others on
> the list use methods along the same lines.

I remember from somewhere (the list) a suggestion that you ratio the
points
for each race.	Ie. the humans get 2000 points, the kravak 1500, the sav
get
1200.  Change the ratio to suit your tastes.

Or play bid that battle with your friend.  Can he still destroy the same
fleet
with 200 points less?  500 less?

Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls