Prev: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere? Next: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:05:03 -0800
Subject: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

Beth Fulton wrote:
>  >In the few games I've played escorts (destroyers,
>  >cruisers, etc.) die quickly and seem to have little
>  >real role in the battle other than to make pretty
>  >explosions.

In the battles we run the escorts aren't always the first ships to go
boom, they usually end up being about the middle of the pack for
targeting. First go cruisers and battleships then pot shots at escorts
then the dreadnoughts. Though we play in vector and not cinematic so
fleets send to sit in a nice little sphere instead of being spread out.

> 1) Strike wing (these do really fast fly by or nip at the edges while
the
> big plodders get in)
> 2) Rear guard (catch anything that skip over the big guys and try to
get
> behind them)

You play cinematic right? These don't really come into play in vector.

Prev: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere? Next: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts