Prev: Re: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation (was RE: [OT] Canadians are C OLD....) Next: Re: Fleet Escorts

Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:13:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

> aren't soo bad.  The problem is when you build your
> own.	They can quickly become unbeatable.  Example: If
> each side takes 1000pts, my buddy usually takes
> Sa'Vasku....makes one big ship......and game over!!!

One nice house rule I've seen on the web is to limit the value of any
one
ship to no more than half the total points.  So, in a 1000 point game,
the
biggest ship is 500 points.  Its artificial, but works.  I've seen
others on
the list use methods along the same lines.

In Battlefleet Gothic, players are limited in selection of ships larger
than
cruisers, unless they first take a set number of cruisers, so for
example,
they have to take 4 cruisers before they can take a battleship.

Small house rules like that, though they may seem artificial, actually
enforce the fact that no nation is only going to build their biggest
ships.
Fleets will always have a variety of ship classes, if for no other
reason
than economics (unless you're playing Master of Orion 2).  An additional
point, is that historically, admiralties have been hesitant to commit
all of
their ships of the line at once, since losing them represents a
considerable
(and expensive) loss that could tip the scales.  I don't imagine that in
the
future, this would be much different.

George

Prev: Re: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation (was RE: [OT] Canadians are C OLD....) Next: Re: Fleet Escorts