Prev: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Primer for styrofoam

Re: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry)

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:55:04 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry)

"Casquilho, Daniel" wrote:
>	  I agree, but the idea of two people just dropping some minis
on a
> table and playing without any form of points seems odd to many people
in my
> area. 40k has ingrained into their heads points make balanced games. I
am
> just working with the people I have :-)

I have two words for you, brain, and washing. I  know a good
deprogrammer that could help :) And afterwards you'll even be able to
get them to do your laundry and wash you dishes. :)

As for point systems, I like the idea that you can put so many points
into an army and know how powerful it is but, and here's the big but,
how correct are the points? Mostly they're pretty arbitrary, even in FT
where everything has a set value you always have the arguments that the
points are wrong. I'm a big fan of designing a fleet or army group as
you would in real life (gasp) and then using that as a base. I get a lot
of complaints from the rest of my group here about my huge chain of
command that I have for my SGII company but it's actually laid out as a
company so that it's all pregenerated and I just put platoons on the
board.

Prev: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Primer for styrofoam