Prev: Re: [FT]Flashes was: A couple of quick replies Next: Re: [OT] Paper ships

Re: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:11:05 +0100
Subject: Re: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

In message <4.2.2.20011126180415.00a59cf0@pop.hba.marine.csiro.au>
	  Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> wrote:

> G'day Bif,
>
>  >Yes, but if we just kept the interceptor
>  >pod rules we would need to increase
>  >the mass of the weapon over the 1
>  >mass I was after....
>
> You can fix that by decreasing the range (to your 9" or 6" etc),
without
> any need for fiddling with the rest of the mechanic.

I agree.

>  >PS-The ignore heavy fighters bonus is
>  >because I don`t care how heavly
>  >armoured a fighter is, when hit by a
>  >big enough warhead, it will go bang
>  >just like any other <G>.
>
> True, but if you argue that way you could justify the KV scatterpacks
> ignoring heavy bonus too and then what would be the point of all their

> fighters being heavy? Your opponent pays for them to be heavy, he
should
> get some advantage out of it....you could also argue your warhead
isn't big
> enough ;)
>
> Beth

Err... actually, since FB2 came out, KV fighters aren't all heavy any
more - the book lists the Ra'San 'standard' fighter, and the Va'San
heavy fighter. Wandering further off-topic, although they are not
mentioned, the KV could probably also have fast, long-range,
interceptor, etc. variants. But probably not torpedo fighters, (but
maybe a fighter carrying a small MKP pack?).

Prev: Re: [FT]Flashes was: A couple of quick replies Next: Re: [OT] Paper ships