Prev: Re: Well, another form of bad luck Next: (OT) 27th of March a important date

Re: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 07:56:05 +0100
Subject: Re: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

----- Original Message -----
From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 12:09 AM

> G'day Bif,
>
>  >For example, against SML`s, it intercepts the salvo
>  >(after the number of missiles to hit roll) with a 1D6-3....
>
> For simplicity sake I'd keep the mechanics used the same as for the
> scatterpack (so D6 for fighters and missiles and for plasma bolts 4, 5
> knocks it down by 1 and 6 does 2).
>
>  >If you are looking for a reason for this, we can say that the
interceptor
>  >missiles is designed as a anti-fighter missiles, and it`s other uses
are
>  >comprimised as a result (which was my original idea).
>
> I get what you mean, but I think its just easier to stick with the one
> mechanic for all the various versions (scatterpacks, interceptor pods,
AFAWKS).

>  >ignores any bonus against hvy ftrs
>
> For the same reasons as above, I'd also keep the scatterpack
characteristic
> of D6/2 for attacks against heavy fighters.
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

Yes, but if we just kept the interceptor pod rules we would need to
increase
the mass of the weapon over the 1 mass I was after (because if it`s one
mass, it allows a escort missile ship to carry a large amount of ammo
and
uses up the odd mass left over from using er ammo). My feeling is if we
want
to use 1 mass per round (well, I do anyway), we need to give it
limitation
in other respects, and the example given of only half as effective
against
missiles etc is one way of doing this.

BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
 strong in arms, thick in head"

PS-The ignore heavy fighters bonus is because I don`t care how heavly
armoured a fighter is, when hit by a big enough warhead, it will go bang

Prev: Re: Well, another form of bad luck Next: (OT) 27th of March a important date