Prev: Re: [sg] Starting Forces Next: [SG] Often-Forgotten Rules List

SG2 forces

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:17:23 -0500
Subject: SG2 forces

Derk wrote (in response to my bit below):

> ==> GMS/P rules! - and here is why: Play on a big board some time. The
> unlimited range/no range mods is pretty darn good. If I can shoot
across a
> 10' board and hit a vehicle, that's pretty important. Now, if you
allow
> Enhanced or better ECM on everything, that's a different tune, but
most of
> our vehicles have basic or enhanced (for the MBTs). So the odds are
> reasonable. And the range is the key benefit.

True. You'd need to be doing Desert warfare, though ;) Most terrain
would
not allow many such shots, I'd think?

==> Not really. Just a big board. Try looking at
http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/gzgecc/gzgecc3/gallery/S3_GreyDay05.jpg
just
as an example. Even normal battlefields can have some clear table-length
firelanes. Now, if you were in the desert without too many high dunes,
you'd
have nothing _but_ table length fire lanes. I think on most non-forest
or
non-jungle or non-swamp tables you could draw at least some lines longer
than 40" (the limit of IAVRs for regs) and definitely the missile will
be
more accurate (assuming average guidance and ECM) out past about 24".

==> I played one game with OUDF fleeing in some APCs (some damaged) vs.
FSE
and PAU (high adrian). They ended up abandoning all their vehicles, but
during that game there were 27 GMS/P shots fired, of which (counting
ECM,
heavy EW presence for the OUDF, and bad luck on penetration rolls), 3
hit to
effect. But they did their job....

Prev: Re: [sg] Starting Forces Next: [SG] Often-Forgotten Rules List