Prev: Re: Counters for SGII? Next: Re: GZG 6mm, 15mm, spaceships, 25mm figures

Re: GZG 6mm, 15mm, spaceships, 25mm figures

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:36:50 EST
Subject: Re: GZG 6mm, 15mm, spaceships, 25mm figures

Ah the life a 6mm dissident!

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:36:17 -0500 "Brian Bell" <bkb@beol.net> writes:
>GZG Catalog is at http://www.gtns.net/gzg/ and has 25 and 15mm
>Stargrunt,
>6mm Future Wars and Dirtside II miniatures.

Ah yes, the Future Wars and Dirtside II vehicles - I have not had a
chance to re-find that page but, FWIW, does GZG have any 6mm SF
Infantry?
 I am looking at adding some HardKill types followed by some other lines
to my WW2/Modern 6mm 'convert' infantry (Conversion is easy, use
different [ahistorical] color paint!) for DS2.	Despite the game
mechanics I try and get the larger number of infantry in the 'real
world'
reflected in my SF scenarios.  To my knowledge all the armies in the
world have more 'infantry' (all kinds) then 'armor' companies.	Besides,
I like them better then counters on the table.

Currently I have GHQ WW2 Brit foot and H&R WW2 French.	Thinking about
Stan Johansen, Scotia(?), GHQ modern (If I can find them locally),
Irregular, a few other lines that are 'mis'-filed under "X for
miscellaneous" in my biological memory banks (i.e., a 'senior' moment)
and currently 'unavailable.'  Main Force has 6mm Infantry too, IIRC.

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

>In North America Geo-Hex is at http://www.geohex.com and has 25mm
>Stargrunt,
>6mm Future Wars and Dirtside II miniatures.

Yes, very nice site, and 'local' (USA) too.

>In Asia-Pacific Eureka miniatures is at http://www.eurekamin.com.au
>and has
>25mm Stargrunt, 6mm Future Wars and Dirtside II miniatures.

I have some of the "Derek driven" 6mm tanks from them - awesome, fast
service, and efficient, and the tanks truly look 'dominant' next to the
GHQ M1's and Scotia stuff.

>So far only GZG, itself, has the 15mm Stargrunt figures.
>
>Eureka has some unique 25mm Stargrunt figures (Ghurkas and Romanov
>Hegemony). And other, custom, 25mm Stargrunt figures are waiting for
>the
>minimum order under the Club 100 program. And I am trying to generate
>intrest in OUDF Gravbikes in 15mm under the Club 300 program.

Yes, I did put in a request for SF Mice warriors with them... Need to
get
a credit card so I can order my own requested figures <grin> as a step
towards the magic number...