Prev: Re: [sg] Starting Forces Next: RE: [sg] Starting Forces

Re: [sg] Starting Forces

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:30:10 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [sg] Starting Forces

On 21-Mar-01 at 09:24, Derk Groeneveld (derk@cistron.nl) wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Roger Books wrote:
>
> > On 21-Mar-01 at 03:22, Derk Groeneveld (derk@cistron.nl) wrote:
> >
> > > I think below 7 figures, you'll find yourself seriously lacking
> > > firepower, especially after the first casualty.
> >
> > Are you sure you wouldn't make up for this with more activations?
> >
> > IE, You have 32 figures on the table, 4 squads in 1 platoon.  You
> > get 8 actions.  I have 32 figures on the table, 8 squads in
> > 2 (or even 1) platoon.  I get to do 16 actions and the need to
> > split will occur much less often.  If user fp 3 weapons I have
> > that d12.  I take a casualty and I still have a d12.
>
> Yes, but I get to call you a munchkin ;) Also, you apparantly have no
> support weapons?

Only if I get to call you a munchkin for your 8 man "I don't have
to worry about someone dieing, I still get that d12 that hits
anything" squads.  :)  It all depends on how you look at the
world, if you see the trend of shrinking squad size continueing
4 men is about as as small as it can go.

As for support weapons, currently the game I am running is SW, and
they didn't have much in the way of support.  Just FYI, stormtroopers
come in 8 man squads, the rebels count on individual initiative so
they come in 4 man squads.  Anyway, I like the IAVR setup I have
seen discussed.

Prev: Re: [sg] Starting Forces Next: RE: [sg] Starting Forces