Prev: RE: GZG 6mm, 15mm, spaceships, 25mm figures Next: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review

Re: Destroyers

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:43:41 +0100
Subject: Re: Destroyers

Michael Llaneza wrote:

>>>I'd give them a lot of Class-1 beams and PDS, with 1 or 2 ADFC. (5
>>>class-1, 2 PDS, 1 ADFC for example). The beams will work against
>>>fighters and missiles and the PDS will back them up. This follows
both
>>>the classic FT >paradigm (class-1s on DDs, class-2s on CA, etc.)
>>
>>If this was a "classic FT paradigm", it must've been in 1st edition.
>>The 2nd ed. sample DD used B-batts (equivalent to Class-2s) as its
>>main armament...
>
> It's been a looong time since I played 2nd ed. :-)

Then I'm even more confused by the "classic paradigm" thing. All of the
"official" FB1 DDs use either missiles or B2s as their main
armament...?

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: GZG 6mm, 15mm, spaceships, 25mm figures Next: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review