Prev: Re: [OT] Irregular Miniatures Contact Next: Re: [sg] Starting Forces

Re: [OT] Paper Starships

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:38:50 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Paper Starships

This is close to what I had in mind.

What I was thinking of was a boxish shape with the image of the ship on
it as
seen from that direction.  I.E, the top of the box would have a top down
view,
the right side would have an image of the right side of the ship, etc.

Depending on the size of the ship, it might just be a simple box with
the whole
ship image, or in the case of larger ships the box would be "sculpted"
to more
closely match the ship.  The B5 Omega would likely be :

/-----------------------------------\
|				    |
|				    |
|				    |
\-----------------------------\     |
			       |    |
			       |    |
			       |    |
			       \____/

As seen from the side, my horrible ascii art not withstanding.

A long rectangle box for the shaft and a twelve sided platform, say half
inch
thick for stability, for a base.

Chan, where did you get the images you made your cards with?  Are they
in black
and white?

Mike

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Chan Faunce wrote:

> I had done some of these when there were no minis available for B5W:
>
> http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/card.jpg
>
> Note that the Whitestars are folded so that the image is horizontal -
the most
> distinguishing profile - while the Omega and Hyperion are vertical.
The bases are