Prev: Re: [SG] 15mm group composition Next: Re: Legions of Steel floorplans

Campaign Rules

From: Michael Robert Blair <pellinoire@y...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:31:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Campaign Rules

Our group of wargamers has changed composition
recently so it looks as if a new Full Thrust campaign
is in the offing. This would be our first with the
Fleet Book system, hence my curiosity about peoples
approach to DDs.

Our campaign system needs rewritten and drastically
simplified.

I was toying with an idea for strategic mobility last
night. I like jump points, so if a jump is effectively
instantaneous the time is spent travelling between the
jump points, so the ships thrust controls the travel
time. This would make fast ships very beneficial - and
would allow proper battlecruisers to become useful.

Last time we made some items R & D only. You had to
pay to reaserch them to get them. Limiting access to
items might be an easy way of simulating TLs.

Michael

Prev: Re: [SG] 15mm group composition Next: Re: Legions of Steel floorplans