Prev: Re: Destroyers Next: Re: FT-Technology in the FT world

Re: Destroyers

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:28:54 -0000
Subject: Re: Destroyers

----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher Pratt <valen@gatecom.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 5:58 PM

> I don much the same with my destroyers, though mine are usually a
little
> bigger.
>
> Al though now, after reading LOTS of naval history... I'm considering
taking
> a more traditional WWI destroyer formation in to battle the next time.
I'm
> thinking about 6 mass 30-40 destroyers with a heavy P-torp armament,
lead
by
> a light cruiser.
>
> later
> Chris

I build my DD as slightly heavier that normal (aprox 42 mass), and fit
them
with 3 pds, adfcon, and weapons (usually beams, some with torps, some
with
missiles (sml`s and MT)). I try to have both escort and attack in one
ship,
not a easy ballance, but if done right will make a squadren that is more
flexible in that it can do both duities.

 BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
 strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: Destroyers Next: Re: FT-Technology in the FT world