Prev: [OT]: Trailers, John A, and Barbarians Next: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review (Warning! May contain spoilers)

Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:15:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:26:29 -0800, mreindl@pacbell.net wrote:

>Or, it may just be that he Annaud saw Robin Hood with Costner and
decided that he
>could do without the cheesy fade-in and out accents :)

Ummm... no. Because he directed Brad Pitt in "Seven Years in Tibet". He
wouldn't have forced Pitt's awful accent there if he learned anything
from
Prince of Thieves! *L*

> I also don't think that Rachel Weisz should be allowed to do any more
love
>scenes, or at least if she does, she should work on getting rid of that
"I'm being
>stabbed in the back with a bayonet" look as a friend of mine put it.

Well, for purely personal reasons, I really liked her. Her eyes reminded
me of
someone. So there. *G*

>That being said, it was a nice effect, and most people probably
wouldn't have
>noticed that anyway.

There was water in the boat afterwards. A lot of it. I thought perhaps
it had
taken a few 20mm shells. It could have been nastier, I guess, with what
should
have happened to the occupants.

>For a more accurate view of the battle in cinema, see the
>film "Stalingrad", either the original or the remake (the original is
better), then
>you may see why I didn't care for this one as much.

I have the remake on video. It is a good film, though I thought it
lumbered a
bit at the end...

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: [OT]: Trailers, John A, and Barbarians Next: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review (Warning! May contain spoilers)