Prev: Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o) Next: Re: [DS] My NAC Forces

Re: [FT] Needle Beam questions

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 01:09:09 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Needle Beam questions

Noam said:
> Take a look at Laserlight's IF fleets and design philosophy. As one
who
> prefers playing New Israel, I think I would welcome facing a
primarily
> Needle-armed fleet.

Hah!  So would I.  I'd	put some needles on disposable boats on the
theory that it's worth losing a few corvette if I can immobilize your
BB, but it's not something I'd try every time.	Islamic Fed relies on
a mix of SMR and beams--the needles are just there to distract the
opponent.

Stealth + needles might be different, but I've never played with
"cloaking" so can't say.

The main reason I designed ash Shaulahs was to give you a reason to
take something other than all capitals.  In a 1000 point game, if you
take 2 BB's and I bring 20 ash Shaulahs + a CH to the table, you'll be
hurting; if you bring a BB, a couple of CE and some escorts, you're
pretty safe.  Assuming I'm bringing needles, that is--I could have 1

Prev: Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o) Next: Re: [DS] My NAC Forces