Prev: Re: Los thoughts on breaching Next: Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o)

Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o)

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 04:20:18 EST
Subject: Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o)

I'll take your word on the Sea Sparrow, I only worked with the Aircraft
end
of that bird. As I recall the land-based Chapperal was the same idea.
(Take
and existing system, in this case the Sidewinder, mate it with an
existing
launcher and use it till something better comes along.)

I seem to recall reading an article right after the Gulf War about an
idea to
fit VLMS with Standard missiles on the BB's IF, (really big "if" even in
the
article :o) the Navy kept them active.

Prev: Re: Los thoughts on breaching Next: Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o)