Prev: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

Re: [FT] UNSC

From: steve@p...
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:40:32 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC

On 14 Mar 2001, at 17:37, Richard and Emily Bell wrote:

> The problem with the UN having better toys than the others is that
> the UN is funded by the member states and the FSE, NAC, and ESU
> control the permenent seats of the security council (a continuing
> sorepoint to the NSL).

Isn't that assuming that the current permanet seats pass down to
their political inheritors without any changes (UK and USA - NAC,
China and Russia - ESU and France - FSE). Over two centuries and
several major wars? I'd say that was highly unlikely.

If the security council still exists I would say that the four main
powers would each have a permanent seat, the fifth permanent seat, if
one exists, may be an appointee from within the UN itself.

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Prev: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)