Prev: Mice in Space figures possibility Next: [OT] I just noticed this on Jon's catalog

metric bases ??? was Re: Thinking of aspects of PA in urban fighting [FMAS] [General]

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:47:57 EST
Subject: metric bases ??? was Re: Thinking of aspects of PA in urban fighting [FMAS] [General]

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:56:07 -0800 "Casquilho, Daniel"
<Daniel.Casquilho@disney.com> writes:
<snip>
>Let's see I graduated from high school in 1980 and my fellow Americans
>are
>still holding out. So sad...

As an 'older hold out' I am glad to see us not go metric.  But then I
can
act somewhat 'traditional' at the most awkward times... A touch of
anti-iconoclastic behavior?  Maybe.

Nothing against metric, just see no reason to change the way we measure
things at home.  And yes, any company who can't do both should not be in
international trade.  But as for me an my house, we refer to metric in
relation to 'real measurements' like inches and miles.	(Janice and I
both used metric (along with drops and a million other incompatible
measurements when we were (she still is) working as nurses.  But the
bases for my figures are 3/4" x 3/4" not (approximately) 20mm x 20mm...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Mice in Space figures possibility Next: [OT] I just noticed this on Jon's catalog