Prev: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives Next: Re: Alien PA

Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:19:35 -0800
Subject: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

>I am currently rebuilding my fleet (thanking god they weren't painted
yet) and
>would like to know if anyone has any good alternative ideas for basing
them
>rather than spindly, stick-like flight bases

I'll recap my basing strategy:

The key ingredient is telescoping brass square "tubing," available at
most decent hobby stores.

Mount an Outer sized "tube" in the bottom base.

Mount an Inner sized "tube" on the miniature (this doesn't have to be
that long) and a small Outer sized cuff (so that when mounted on the
base, you don't ruin that excellent paint job).

You have removable figure / base combinations that are quite
resistant to breakage, and you can use your bottom base for any ship
if you so desire.

...and of course it gives the opportunity to say "All your base are
belong to us!!"

Schoon

Prev: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives Next: Re: Alien PA