Prev: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: FMAS at GZG ECC IV

2300 AD --> DS2/SG2

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:12:00 -0500
Subject: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2

Aaron said:

The design of the tank is, ah, "based" off the LkPz-IX (Luki-9, Luki
short
for Luftkissen, hovercraft) tank from GDW's 2300AD game, so that's why
it
has a German name.  That doesn't mean *you* need to call them Rommels,
though!

And just for the record, the Wombat is based off the Kangaroo IV APC
from
the same game, Australian in origin. <shrug>  The light hover jeep looks
rather like a roofed-over Bridgeport Swift Songbird, but it's generic
enough that it doesn't really matter.

[Tomb] Tell me the Goliath Medium Grav Tank isn't an American M9.... And
the
FCT Troops look like American Marines and the KV look a lot
(intentionally,
I think Jon said he mentioned them as a model) like the Kafers. I have
firm
plans to run some 2300 style battles using these figures.... ;)

A great game with a neat starmap and a history made a little dated by
real
late 20th century events, but generated by a game! (cool idea) and that
is
only marginally less plausible (if at all) than the GZG cannon. Much the
same type of feel. Good game background for GZG conversion.

I've even written some rules for Kafers (start yellow, end up red
quality....).

Tomb

Prev: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: FMAS at GZG ECC IV