Prev: Re: FT-Banzai jammers Next: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - 4321

Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:53:42 GMT
Subject: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

In message <5eilatk1u98egu068ob836nn1cj9epg7gv@4ax.com>
	  Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 21:19:38 GMT, Charles Taylor
> <charles.taylor@cableol.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Well, if you want 'em - you design 'em :-)
>
> I didn't say I wanted them! *L*
>
> I don't usually design FT weapons, unless it's to duplicate a genre
weapon.
> Weapon design is difficult if you don't want to create something
that's
> unbalanced. I like to run with a fairly "standard" game.
>

> Allan Goodall 		 awg@sympatico.ca
> Goodall's Grotto:  http://www.vex.net/~agoodall

You've probably noticed that I get a little carried away designing new
stuff - most of is is inspired by some 'genre' system I've seen or read
about somewhere.

As for the FT equivalent of 'nukes' - such as planet-crackers, supernova
bombs, etc. well, I think (IMHO) this are best handled as scenario
specialities -stop the planet killer before it gets into firing position
- or you loose (Have a look at the Vorlon Planet-Cracker Beam in B5 Wars
for example).

But standard is god for most games.

Charles

Prev: Re: FT-Banzai jammers Next: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - 4321