Prev: Re: Nukes was: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:35:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

<decloak>

Just getting in my two cents.  (8-)

stranger wrote:

> > Not that I mind reading all of the great input into this
> > conversation, but I am curious. What does this have to do with
> > Full Thrust?
>
> Most science fiction space ship war games have their roots in Naval
Warfare.
> Therefore looking at the past, helps us to "construct" the future.

Though, as a word of warning, one must be also prepared for the
danger of using analogies from the past that don't hold.  For example,
in FT, the mechanics do not allow ships to gain defensive bonuses for
either size or maneuverability.  Thus, a battle between a DD squadron
and a BB would fight very differently on the FT tabletop then in
WW II.

When you prepare for war, make sure you aren't preparing for the last
one.

*shrug*

<cloak>

JGH

--
**** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan ****
 "Tell me what I'm doing here!	That's all I ask!!  Just tell me what

Prev: Re: Nukes was: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts