Prev: RE: 6mm GEVs Next: 100 Club Order Arrives!!!!

Re: 6mm GEVs

From: "Matthew Smith" <matt@s...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 22:34:44 -0000
Subject: Re: 6mm GEVs

Daniel Casquilho then said:

> The GEV in the picture is the Pan-European "light" GEV. I think the
> regular size GEV might be closer to what Matthew is looking for.
>
> Here is a few shots by Johnny Perchalski. Look at the first few
> vehicles in these pictures, they are the standard Pan-Ero GEVs:
>
> http://www.bastet.org/~whiterat/Convoy1.jpg
>
> http://www.bastet.org/~whiterat/Convoy4.jpg
>
> In this picture the three gray vehicles are the Pan-Euo GEV-PCs
>
> http://staff.sjgames.com/~keith/ogre/DunDraCon25/GEVPCs_vs_GEV.jpg
>
> Of course I could be way off in what I understood Matthew is looking
> for. :-)
>
> Daniel

Yes, I can see what you're on about. I have had a good look around the
Ogre
website now and I have to say what little of the Paneuropean GEVs I have
seen I like a lot. They are very much to my taste. I will have to
investigate further - does anyone know of any sites with clear photos of
the
GEVs? And exactly how many are there, three I think...?

Brian Bell also said:

> > I am not sure what other miniatures have that "Shoe-tip" shape.
> > Dirtside Miniatures:
> > DSM112 Wombat http://www.geohex.com/dsm112.htm
> > DSM110 Rommel http://www.geohex.com/dsm110.htm also tapers at the
front,
but
> > also is tapered at the rear (does not need to carry infantry).
> > DSM113 Light Hover Jeep http://www.geohex.com/dsm113.htm looks like
it
may
> > be a good fit.

The reason I have not included the DSM110 is it's name. "Rommel" just
screams NSL, don't you think?? Because I really like the mini I was
considering the option of saying that the FSE had them too under a
different
name. However, I thought that since it's 82 years since the FSE and NSL
went
their seperate ways (assuming we're still 3rd solar war period), doing
this
was pushing it a bit!! Otherwise yes, the Rommel would have fitted the
design ethic well.

Thanks very much for the ideas!! Anyone else have any others??

Matthew Smith

Prev: RE: 6mm GEVs Next: 100 Club Order Arrives!!!!