Prev: Re: FW: London Times Article Next: Re: FW: London Times Article

Re: FW: London Times Article

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 21:45:23 EST
Subject: Re: FW: London Times Article

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001 04:59:52 -0600 devans@uneb.edu writes:
<snip>
>On the other hand, as I can see lots of 'life or death' situations
>possible
>with several of these changes, my naivete is shocked that
>cartographers
>would do such things. It's one thing to alter a song recording...

Commercial cartographers have more freedom to set up copyright violators
then we do/did as DOD support Cartographers.  When people's lives are on
the line it's harder to worry about some third world clown copying a
chart they aren't supposed to have or even the ones we have map exchange
agreements with...

Note I did not say we 'never' did - I just have never found such a
'intentional error' in the products I am familiar with...  Heck, there's
more then enough subtle errors in a GIS (and more blunders) then the
average chart, IMO.

>The_Beast
>
>-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon
>
>One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
>Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: FW: London Times Article Next: Re: FW: London Times Article