Prev: Re: FW: London Times Article Next: RE: GAC/MDC/HVAC/RFAC technobabble for the uninitiated...

Re: FW: London Times Article

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:50:36 EST
Subject: Re: FW: London Times Article

First) Wonky just wouldn't be used, marks you as a furriner as much as
saying Happy Christmas instead of merry Christmas, so it just sounds
weird to us. Closest word that is used usually is wonk, which is an
expert, or alleged expert, normally in a political, or economic sense.
So I guess it would be fair to refer to those types as wonky. :-)

Second) I recall just recently reading a short story about the capture
of a space ship by a piratical force. Needing to decide on where to go
for thier next attack, they discover a set of encyclopedias and the
salesman for them. He shows them an entry for a pleasant, unprotected,
and rich planet not too far from thier present location. After they
leave to go after this plum. the salesman reveals to the outraged crew
that the place doesn't exist and in fact was inserted into the book to
catch plagarists. They inform the "space patrol" types of the
destination of the pirates, and they are caught. Might be a useful start
to a scenario design.

Prev: Re: FW: London Times Article Next: RE: GAC/MDC/HVAC/RFAC technobabble for the uninitiated...