Prev: Proposal for four more club100 Ghurkas Next: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - 4321

6mm Slammer Combat Car Was: RE: A interesting sample from Eureka

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: 08 Mar 2001 09:38:42 -0500
Subject: 6mm Slammer Combat Car Was: RE: A interesting sample from Eureka

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:12:48 -0500
From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil>
Subject: RE: A interesting sample from Eureka

My thought, sight unseen, is to bring it in line with the APCs in the
Dirtside/Future Wars lines. The miniature would be more versatile it it
fit
with the other ranges. Especially if planning to bring the other
Slammers
vehicles into 6mm.

[snip]

[snip]

> But now to the REALLY INTERESTING thing, Nic included a sample of a
> prototype 6mm miniature, a 6mm version of the Hammers Slammers Hover
> Combat
> Car. Nic says it's a direct reduction of the resin 25mm miniature and
as
> such is larger the usual (approx 30mm long, 17mm wide and 8mm high)
when
> compared to the Dirtside 6mm and FutureWars range, but it is a VERY
NICE
> miniature. It doesn't have the splinter shield seen on the miniatures
used
<<<<<<<<<<

I also received a recent order from Nic and received the Slammer Hover
Combat Car.  in
comparison to other DS vehicles, it's a size 4.  this seems right to me
as the Slammer CC has
4 crew (1 driver, 1 CO, 2 waist gunners).

one note tho: when comparing the 25mm version with the 6mm version, it
appears to me that
the 6mm version is proportionally wider.  my recommendation to Nic is
have the 6mm
version go on a diet -- trim 3-4mm from the width.

Dave

Prev: Proposal for four more club100 Ghurkas Next: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - 4321