Prev: Re: Quick question Next: Re: FW: London Times Article

Re: FW: London Times Article

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 04:59:52 -0600
Subject: Re: FW: London Times Article

***
Maybe just because I was hired originally as a cartographer by
DMAAC/DMA/NIMA I think there are some fun implications for scenarios
involving 'intentional errors' on the player's and figures maps.
Anybody
else seen some use for these in a scenario?
***

Great article on two points!

I can well imagine a riverine-transport force, on it's way to meet up
with
an 'overland' group, finding itself without the last leg of the journey
due
to the imaginary tributary. That's from a vac head who wasn't even
trying.

The other thing was that I found interesting: The Times uses the word
'wonky'. Obviously, colonial naivete on my part!

On the other hand, as I can see lots of 'life or death' situations
possible
with several of these changes, my naivete is shocked that cartographers
would do such things. It's one thing to alter a song recording...

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: Quick question Next: Re: FW: London Times Article