Prev: Re: Quick question Next: Re: Quick question

RE: A interesting sample from Eureka

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:05:48 +0000
Subject: RE: A interesting sample from Eureka

>> What Nic would like to know is this; Should the miniature remain at
it's
>> current size (it's a big APC like the Phalanx) or should he reduce it
>> further and bring it into line with other DSM 6mm miniatures
(comparable
>> to the Gauntlet hover APC)?
>
>Derek,
>
>	What about between the two. I can only speak for myself, but
when I
>was reading the stories I always pictured the Combat Car as larger then
>normal APC. However, I see the Phalanx as a "real big" vehicle so I
would
>not want the Combat Car to be the same size. Just my take on it.

>From talking to Nic about this, I've identified the reason he had it
done
so big. He took 6mm as being approx. one quarter the size of 25mm, and
scaled it accordingly. Now, when we scaled the "25mm" resins down for
the
DSM minis, we  started from the assumption that the big ones were
actually
around 1/60 (see all the discussions on figure scale we've had before!)
and
thus to reduce them to 1/300 was a ONE FIFTH reduction, which would make
the approx. 110mm long Combar Car scale down to about 22mm.
Similarly if we did the big Blower tank, which is around 180mm in the
resin
version, it would come out at 36mm long.
BTW, we HAVE just had the Infantry Skimmer sculpted in 6mm, complete
with
rider - they'll be out in a week or two, probably 12 to a pack for 2.50
UKP.

Jon (GZG)

PS: Another latest release due about the same time is the NSL Jagers in
15mm - pack code SG15-N2.