Prev: Re: (DS, SG) A Sort of Halfway idea Next: RE: (DS, SG) A Sort of Halfway idea

RE: FT-WotW (Railguns)

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:24:13 -0500
Subject: RE: FT-WotW (Railguns)

Drives.

[snip]

> Noam
-----End Original Message-----

Another easier variant to make human rail guns feel different would be
have them double on a roll OVER the class level (roll of 6 always
doubles).
This would make a bell curve for the weapon and larger class railguns
less
effective (but still dangerous) with the best mix in the Class 2-4
range.
Same mass as KV K-Guns. Costing them would be tricky, but an easy way to
lend a different flavor to the same basic principal. PSB: KV gravitic
technology is supperior allowing them to fire the heavier guns with
greater
efficiency (i.e. Human railgun projectiles slow as the mass of the
projectile goes up, so the kinetic energy transfer curve flattens).
Human
long-range targeting systems are better (cross-bred from Class-3 and 4
beams).

Human Railgun			   K-Gun
Class	  Average Damage on a Hit  Average Damage on a Hit
 1	    1.83		      1.17
 2	    3.33		      2.67
 3	    4.50		      4.50
 4	    5.33		      6.67
 5	    5.83		      9.17
 6	    7.00		     11.00
 7	    8.17		     12.50

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/
---

Prev: Re: (DS, SG) A Sort of Halfway idea Next: RE: (DS, SG) A Sort of Halfway idea