Prev: Hotspot AAR with pics Next: Re: Hotspot AAR with pics

Re: A interesting sample from Eureka

From: Noel Weer <nsweer@i...>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 17:18:57 -0600
Subject: Re: A interesting sample from Eureka

Derek Fulton wrote:

<<SNIPP>>

> But now to the REALLY INTERESTING thing, Nic included a sample of a
> prototype 6mm miniature, a 6mm version of the Hammers Slammers Hover
> Combat Car. Nic says it's a direct reduction of the resin 25mm
miniature
> and as such is larger the usual (approx 30mm long, 17mm wide and 8mm
> high) when compared to the Dirtside 6mm and FutureWars range, but it
is
> a VERY NICE miniature. It doesn't have the splinter shield seen on the

> miniatures used in the South London Warlords Hammers Slammers demo
game,
> but Nic tells me that it would be no problem to include the shield;
>
> http://www.salute.co.uk/slammers3/index.htm
>
> Click on Tanks & APCs and then Combat Cars to see what I mean.

This miniature is very nice. Nic also included a sample in an order I
just received, and while I may be biased because the idea came up in
some emails Nic and I exchanged re: suggestions for a possible 6mm
version of the "100 Club", I am quite impressed.

The level of detail on the smaller size compares quite nicely to the
25mm version. The size is a bit large - it looks like you could almost
fit figures in the back to man the guns, which makes it look better next

to infantry rather than vehicles... Not sure if that is a good or a bad
thing scale-wise.

Either way, I really look forward the idea of this figure becoming
available, because I can already see it being a key support element for
my infantry... :)