Prev: [GZG-ECC] AARs Next: RE: GZG-ECC IV AAR's

FT-Needle beams

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 19:22:57 -0000
Subject: FT-Needle beams

Noam Izenberg wrote-

>I think a long range Needle with one die thoughout can be done, but
it's
best >cost compared with Pulsers than Beams. My HNB was made using the
Beam
>mechanic. A single arc of pulser fire at close range costs 2 mass and
gives
6 >dice. A like number of dice for an M pulser costs 6 mass, or 3x.
that'd
be too
>expensive for Needles, but 3 Mass would be too cheap. You'd either have
>make if 3xMass at 4 or 5Pts/mass or 4 massat normal (or slightly less
than
>normal) cost.

Hmm, I worked out my ideas for the long range needle beam at twice the
cost/mass of a normal needle beam, but at close range gives you only a
single hit. Against this disadvantage you have to ballance the fact it
only
requires one f.con and a longer range (twice). I think it probably is
too
cheap or light, but 5 mass would be at a disadvantage at close range
compaired to 2 needle beams (same mass as 2 needle beams + 2 firecons,
but
only half the dammage). The multi arc needle beams I was trying to
balance
mass wize against the mass of having separate needle beams in each arc,
vs
the disadvantage of losing a multi arc beam to threshold check. The long
range multi arc needle beam was just using the cl3 beam batt for the
mass.
The focusable cl3 batt (the one that could fire as either a cl.3 or a
needle
beam) was just a cl3 mass with a needle beam mass added. This would be
at a
disadvantage (one needle beam attack vs 3 beam die) in the needle range,
so
I think the player would have to only specify the type of attack he`s
using
(needle or beam), and would be free to attack in any arc. Not sure if
allowing multi arc or specifing the arc the needle fires through at the
start of the turn would be better, but this is only a idea at the
moment.

BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
 strong in arms, thick in head"

PS-The future WotW question was only to allow me to think ahead on what
MAY
be discussed. I didn`t say much on the emp weapons due to having no
thoughts
on it or tried any of the proposals.

Prev: [GZG-ECC] AARs Next: RE: GZG-ECC IV AAR's