Prev: Re: GZG-ECC IV AAR's Next: Re: FT-WotW

Re: GZG ECC IV - it's over!

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:09:33 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG ECC IV - it's over!

Mark 'Indy' Kochte wrote:

> Well, gang, it's over - GZG ECC IV, another successful gathering
> of folks near and far!
>
> Many thanks go to Jon T, Tony F/Brigade, KR/Geo-Hex, BR Snasis,
> and DLD Productions for the generous prizes they donated for the
> convention. I think everyone went home happy.

AND thanks to Los, who also donated some prizes to the con! (sorry,
Los, my brain must have been really fried when I finally got home
last night :-/ ).

More stuff later. Priority for me is to transcribe the Quote Board
before I can start on an AAR of the con.

But just to whet your appetite:

Stuart (GM for 15mm SG scenario, 'Friday Night Firefight'): "You're
  commander's a '3'?"
Aaron Teske: "Yeah"
Stuart: "That's a shame"

"This is the most seriously mauled I've ever seen ships get on the first
  turn" (Aaron Newman, GMing EFSB game, "Bester Gambit")

Indy: "What are you playing today?"
Jon Davis: "I'm...[points] I'm in Stuart's game."
Indy: "Cinegrunt? I'll have to come over and listen to you!"

Mike Muller: "Not only that, they're going to clean you up with gunfire"
Pat Muller: "Yeah, yeah. Tell me something I don't know." (as he moved
  his ships into a line of SMs and was parked in front of an FSE fleet)
Mike Hudak (looking outside): "It's snowing out."

Jon Davis (during Cinegrunt): "YIIIIIIII CHAAAAA"
Bryan: "Yi cha."
Jon D: "No no no. Like this [repeats the above]"

Tom Barclay ( getting stomped in the Can-Am FT game): "....because we're

playing 'paper, scissors, rock', and we brought the rock and they
brought
  the dynamite."

Many more to come within the next few days...

Mk

Prev: Re: GZG-ECC IV AAR's Next: Re: FT-WotW