Prev: [OT] Honor-Changer of worlds Next: Re: [OT] Military History Archive CDs

RE:Needle beams

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 19:08:06 -0000
Subject: RE:Needle beams

Another thought I had for a long ranged needle beam is that at short
range
(0-12 mu), you can target a system at will as normal. At long range
(12-24
mu), you roll to hit as normal for a needle beam. If you roll a 6 (a
needle
hit), the targetted player specifies the system to be hit, and the
attacking
player rolls a 6 to disable. The defender keep specifing systems until
the
attacking player rolls a 6. This is to say that to hit roll caused a
critical hit/successful nedle beam attack, but at long range has no way
precicly target a system, so it will knock out a system, just don`t know
which one. This long range needle beam I would mass at 3 mass, as it is
more
limiting than the other long range needle beam proposal I suggested.
What
does anybody think?

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: [OT] Honor-Changer of worlds Next: Re: [OT] Military History Archive CDs