Prev: RE: Artillery space Next: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle)

RE:[FT]Needle beams

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:16:28 -0000
Subject: RE:[FT]Needle beams

In answer to Noam, yes, I was trying to find a way to represent the
primary
beams on the bug SD`s. Of course, you could just use several single arc
needle beams to provide coverage, and the only limiting factor would be
the
firecons, which would be a good way of representing the limited rate of
fire
of the primaries (?). Having said that, I would still like to see multi
arc
needle beams. Also, the human rail guns, have anybody out there thought
about making them simular to KV kinetic cannons, but the KV use a grav
powered launching systems with non-ferrous rounds. The human systems
could
use a magnetic system, with ferrous rounds, that would be affected by
sheilds. Yes, I know the human round could use a discarding sheath that
is
ferrous around a non ferrous round. but this is just a sugesstion for
the
use of a gun that would virtually ignore armour, but would be affected
by
sheilds.

Stupid ideas from a stupid mind <G>.

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: RE: Artillery space Next: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle)