Prev: RE: Artillery space Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #355 - 15mm Stuff

RE: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle)

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:56:08 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle)

Noam ranted:

(snip--all of which I agree with)

>As they stand now, Needle beams are "flavor" weapons with IMO/IME
little
real game effectiveness. Sure "Pirate ships have Needles to cripple
their
prey" Just try it in a real scenario.

And try to justify it.	"Skiper, we've just captured a 2000MCr
merchant."
"Great!  Send over a prize crew and take it back to base."
"Ah, sir, well, there's a teeny little problem with that.  We blew out
its drives, it'll need at least a month in a shipyard to fix."

http://www.mail2web.com/ .

Prev: RE: Artillery space Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #355 - 15mm Stuff