Prev: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle) Next: RE: Artillery space

[OT] The last word on Scots

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:43:09 -0500
Subject: [OT] The last word on Scots

Jon T said:
Continuing to get OT, I recall many years ago an aged and learned
academic
(I think it was the late A.J.P. Taylor, actually) pointing out that
strictly and pedantically, the term "Scotch" IS the correct term for
referring to the natives of Scotland.... it's just that they don't like
it.....  ;-)

[Tomb] We like it just fine thank you. A good Islay, or something from
Speyside. 12 Years is good, 15 to 18 is better. Straight up, no ice. ;)

Too bad you couldn't make it to the ECC this year... maybe for GZG-ECC-V
next year? :)

Thomas Barclay
Systems Analyst
bitHeads, Inc.
V: (613) 722 3232
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

"You are what you do, when it counts" -- the Masao, John Steakey's
Armour

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle) Next: RE: Artillery space