Prev: Re: [OT] Next: Re: RE: Wartime references for Aliens

A interesting sample from Eureka

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:50:20 +1100
Subject: A interesting sample from Eureka

G'Day

Just received a miniature order in the post from Nic at Eureka
Miniatures,
so now I got my hands on the 6 mm version of the Hoverskirt variant of
the
Deimos heavy tank (eight of them, he he). Nic tells me that the product
code of the miniature is FWT60 and a entry should be up on his website
under the Future Wars range in a couple of days. Now to get them painted

for the DS2 demo game at JesterCon 2001 on the 10th of March. If anyone
is
wondering what I'm talking about have a look at;

http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/LauncestonGame.htm

But now to the REALLY INTERESTING thing, Nic included a sample of a
prototype 6mm miniature, a 6mm version of the Hammers Slammers Hover
Combat
Car. Nic says it's a direct reduction of the resin 25mm miniature and as

such is larger the usual (approx 30mm long, 17mm wide and 8mm high) when

compared to the Dirtside 6mm and FutureWars range, but it is a VERY NICE

miniature. It doesn't have the splinter shield seen on the miniatures
used
in the South London Warlords Hammers Slammers demo game, but Nic tells
me
that it would be no problem to include the shield;

http://www.salute.co.uk/slammers3/index.htm

Click on Tanks & APCs and then Combat Cars to see what I mean.

What Nic would like to know is this; Should the miniature remain at it's

current size (it's a big APC like the Phalanx) or should he reduce it
further and bring it into line with other DSM 6mm miniatures (comparable
the Gauntlet hover APC)? For those interested give me a day or so and
give
the sample a wash to pick out detail and borrow my friends digital
camera
photograph it and post a picture of it (with other miniatures for
comparison) on our site.

Derek
Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com
URL; http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/

Prev: Re: [OT] Next: Re: RE: Wartime references for Aliens