Prev: Re: OUDF - Railguns?? Next: RE: Wartime references for Aliens

Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:01:08 EST
Subject: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:15:36 -0800
Daniel.Casquilho@exchange.corp.disney.com writes:

> [...]

Interesting, Daniel, that you observe this.

As for myself, I am leaving much of the 25/28mm world except for
skirmish
games.	I use 25/28mm stuff in my North American 1500-1775 skirmish
games
(Matchlocks on the Warpath rules,) my Starguard Skirmish rules (where I
have 28, 25, 15, 10, 6, and (drafts for) 2mm races,) and am keeping some
25mm Medieval/Dark Ages/First Crusade era figures for skirmishes
(looking
for new rules since I sold Chainmail)  And Dwarf/foes in Fantasy (if 300
dwarves can be called a 'skirmish game') and *maybe some WW2 skirmish
stuff.	 In the 'battle' area I am looking for 6/10mm figures to take
the
majority of the armies in my collection.  I am selling off tons of my
excess 25mm stuff to pay for the change over.

Oh, and I have finally seen more then one 15mm army.  At a local con one
gentleman ran (or would have but not enough players showed up so it was
bagged) had a DBA tournament set up and at the following local con I
actually got to see them (in between turns in my playing) maneuver and
fight!	Other then accidentally getting 15mm for SF skirmish, this is
the
first real appearance of 15mm in my almost forty years of war games!
Add
to that a recent mini-campaign in 15mm FPW was run at a local shop (I
got
to play in that one) and I have now, seen, evaluated, and played the
scale.	All in one year!

I won't be buying any.

semi-related:  Feed back from the 25mm guys who did the FPW was "Too big
a pain to paint" - and the GM moved to boot.

If I am going to try raising interest in a smaller scale I expect it
will
be 6mm Historical or SF game *or* maybe some 10MM Historical or Fantasy
stuff.

But good gaming to all those 15mm guys out there in the world.	I'll
play
if you supply the armies.  I just have no interest in having my own at
that scale.

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: OUDF - Railguns?? Next: RE: Wartime references for Aliens