Prev: [OT] Military History Archive CDs Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <webmaster@s...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:33:57 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US

> From the very brief sketches of plot and character I saw, it looks to
be
the
> sniper duel (and romance) recounted in "War of the Rats" (good novel).
Which
> strikes me as a bit funny, because I read War of the Rats recently and
was
> thinking it'd make a good movie. For once Hollywood agreed.

Having watched the trailer (joy of cable! <grin>) I must say that it
starts
out looking good, and they they appear to go all... gooey. If it's based
on
a true story (is it?) then it's must be very loosely based.

Trust Hollywood to put a love story into Stalingrad...

JS
---
Jeremy Sadler
Webmaster

Prev: [OT] Military History Archive CDs Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens